We’re not your typical handbell choir. In addition to typical sacred tunes we have a diverse repertoire of secular pieces from rock, big band, jazz/swing, musical and movie scores, and everything in-between!
Besides creating awesome music, our members have to be immensely coordinated with bells, chimes, mallets, and…wooden dowels? Come for the music, stay for the spectacle!
The Circle City Ringers is an auditioned, bronze-level community handbell ensemble located in the greater Indianapolis, Indiana area. The group is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and is a proud member of the Handbell Musicians of America (formerly American Guild of English Handbell Ringers (AGEHR)).
Our mission is to:
- Increase awareness of the art of English Handbell ringing
- Provide ongoing education about English Handbell techniques
- Build a local and national reputation by performing locally and nationally in both sacred and secular contexts
- Achieve musical excellence as a professional community ensemble
- Encourage others to learn about and experience the art of English Handbell ringing
We recruit and perform year-round in central Indiana under the direction of Mike Keller.
At present, the ensemble rehearses weekly on 5 octaves of Malmark handbells and 5 octaves of Malmark chimes. Otterbein United Methodist Church in Indianapolis has graciously allowed us to use their rehearsal space in return for periodically ringing in their worship services.
We are grateful to Otterbein United Methodist Church for their generosity and support!